DkIT is delighted to announce that we will be hosting our next TY programmes in the week Monday 13th to 17thth of January 2020.
Due to the ongoing demand for the programme we would encourage only those students who have an interest in, or are considering pursuing, a career in computing, to apply for a place on the course. Unfortunately, based on demand it may be necessary to limit the number of students per school.
For those who are unsuccessful in gaining a place on this course, we will be running another course in May, details will be sent out in the new year.
During the TY week we will be presenting a number of varied ICT subjects including:
• Hardware: Examination of the anatomy of a computer, providing the students the
opportunity to take a computer apart and physically explore the individual
components. An additional component of this topic was an introduction to logic
circuits and the use of software to build their own working circuitry.
• Digital Systems: Building on their morning lecturer, this class presented the
software used to bring the hardware to life. Topics such as the different type of OS
and the different system interfaces used to manage each.
• Web: Introduction to the Web and webpage development using HTML and CSS. The
students develop a topical website illustrating the growing plastic pollution of the
simulations of time.
• Animation: Students developed characters and environments within they could interact.
• Security: Overview of the current security threats, including the recent meltdown
• Artificial Intelligence (AI): What is it, the role of machine learning & deep learning.
If you would be interested in taking part in the week, please register at http://outreach.comp.dkit.ie/ty-week/